La Leche League is an international, nonprofit, nonsectarian organization dedicated to providing, information, support and encouragement to women who want to breastfeed their babies. Leaders are trained and accredited by La Leche League International and provide individual support to prepare pregnant mothers for breastfeeding and to help mothers overcome many of the early challenges of breastfeeding as well as those that may arise later on the breastfeeding journey. Meetings can be an invaluable resource for new mothers! Meetings offer mother-to-mother support for breastfeeding mothers and cover a variety of issues, including surviving the early postpartum weeks, managing milk supply, and coping with latch issues, yeast infections (thrush), mastitis, tongue tie/lip tie, and working and breastfeeding, and much more. Leaders are trained and accredited by La Leche League International to provide individual support and help mothers overcome many of the early challenges of breastfeeding as well as those that may arise later on the breastfeeding journey.
About this Website:
About this Website:
- Click on "more" for a list of all Oklahoma cities and/or counties in which La Leche League's breastfeeding support is available, then click on the location nearest you for local and/or online support information.
- For Tulsa area information, please visit La Leche League of Tulsa's website here.
- If there is no Group near you, please call a Leader in the nearest location for information or assistance.
- All mothers interested in breastfeeding are welcome to attend the monthly Group Meetings or to call a Leader for breastfeeding help.
- Please understand that all Leaders are volunteers with families of their own. We endeavor to respond to help requests as quickly as possible. If you try to contact a Leader but do not receive a response in 24 hours, please try a different contact method or contact another Leader.
- In case of an urgent breastfeeding concern, please contact a Leader near you directly.
- Mothers: If you have urgent breastfeeding concerns, please look for a location near you and contact one of the Leaders in that location. If you do not receive a response within 24 hours, you may try another Leader or a different contact method. This form is NOT for urgent breastfeeding concerns because the Web Administrator has a full-time job and may not be able to answer quickly.
- Leaders: please use the form below to contact the Web Administrator if you have corrections or changes to the website.
- Anyone else: If you need general information about La Leche League Groups or Leaders in Oklahoma, you may also use this form. Please note that the Web Administrator works full time during the day, so she cannot respond immediately.